Skip to main content

USDA Food Program

Family Child Care Home

Who is Eligible?

Any Nebraska licensed or "legally exempt home" is eligible for the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) with Midwest.


How Does it Work?

You are reimbursed a certain rate for serving USDA approved meals which depends on:

•    The number of children you care for each day
•    The days and hours you provide care
•    The number of meals and snacks you serve to the children in your care
•    Whether you are considered to be a Tier I Home or Tier II home
However, let's make a few assumptions and show you how much you would be reimbursed.

Let's assume:

•    The number of children you care for each day is:  8 children (2 infants, 4 toddlers & preschoolers and 2 school agers)
•    The days and hours you provide care: M-F   6:30 am to 5:30 pm
•    The meals you serve in your home are: breakfast, lunch and snack
•    You are considered to be a Tier I Home

In this scenario, a Tier I family child care provider would receive an estimated monthly reimbursement of $ 680 per month.

What Do I Have to Do?

You must be willing to serve and document meals that meet the USDA requirements. This is not difficult and doesn't include anything fancy. Midwest will provide you with a free software program that cuts your paperwork in half. Therefore you should have access to a computer and the Internet.

You should contact Midwest Child Care Association and our friendly Area Representative will come to your home and visit with you about the food program and provide you with all of the instructions you will need to get started.

Reimbursement Rates

Check Release & Food Reimbursement Rates Here. 

© 2024 Midwest Child Care Association

Powered by Firespring